Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's All in the Details


Lately I have been in a bit of a creative slump. I know it happens to everyone from time to time. It was really getting frustrating though. I thought I would step back for a while and see if my creative mojo returned. I found myself thinking more about the details in things rather than having a "plan" for what I wanted to make. I began gathering my materials focusing only on the colors and details in things. They began to come together and take form. Above are two "altered tussies."

This one began with just the picture of the girl and some lace.


This one reminded me of a woman with the dress and the cone of the tussie is her shoe.


Here is a close up. I used all vintage laces and trims for this one.

Finally there are two journals in shades of blue, again the details play a large part in the overall look and feel of the piece.

The paper for this one I held on to for over 2 years before I finally was ready to use it. She was just so beautiful I didn't want to let her go. These creations and more will be available this Friday, June 19th for Pink Friday. Please be sure to visit all of the participating boutiques for some wonderful Favorite Finds this week!

5 comments:

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Oh, I'll be there tomorrow checking out all the stores!!! Thanks for the Newsletter...

You know that image you have in your newletter of the two kissing??? Reminds me of the recent post I did called http://myislandwedding.blogspot.com/2009/06/best-kiss.html

Check it out and let me know what YOUR favorite movie kiss is!!!

Feel free to check out the rest of the "bloggings on"!!!

Hope all is well and you feel like you are out of your creative rut.
-Kelley

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Those are so beeyouteeful !
I have some tussies I need to finish but man you put me to shame.

(())

Cave Creek Antiques said...

Thank you for your suggestions on displaying lace for my shop! I have just arrived on your blog and everything is soooo beautiful! I can tell I will be here half the night! Thanks again... Kim

Alicja said...

Dear Carrie,
It's so wonderful to meet you:)(even if only via internet) and to discover your so beautiful blog!
A lot of love from me to you!
Have a sunny week!
Alicja (from Arte Ego Retro Charm Garden)

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

These are so beautitful,Everyone a work of art.Hugs Marie antionette