Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Little Faith . . .

This is what I keep reminding myself lately, to have a little faith. I am happy to say it is working as things are gently falling into place. My husband and I are in the midst of buying our first house right now. We have just over 4 weeks to go until closing. I am so overjoyed, it really is a dream realized for us and we are so fortunate the house is just what we wanted. It is an old home built in 1915 with many unique original features. It needs some work but that will be the fun part! So lately when I find myself running around at a million miles an hour not realizing if I am coming or going I just stop and remind myself it will all be worth it very soon. Though I am unable to do all the projects I had planned for the shop this month, we are doing what we can to keep things going before I will be taking a break to get settled in to our new home. I am a bit superstitious so I won't say anymore but we will be sharing the transformation with you all as I have some big plans in mind.
Happy Sunday! :)

6 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Ohhh Carrie~
I am so excited for you
and your family!!
I cannot wait to see
it and to hear more
about it!!

xoxo
Lori

My Grama's Soul said...

How exciting for you.....your first home....hopefully you will share this process with us.

Xo

Jo

Gypsea Nurse said...

Congrats on your new home! Mine was built in 1910...and I soooo know the work...and yes at the time "fun part" Enjoy your week...
Smiles~
Cricket

Susie said...

Hi Carrie! Happy New Year! I am so happy for you and hubby getting your new home. How exciting! Enjoy the process.
xo
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Cheryl ~ Casual Cottage Chic said...

Can't wait to see what you do to remodel your home, given that you are SO creative! Lots of work...lots of rewards ahead ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Carrie~ how exciting~ I can't wait to see all the changes you make to your lovely new antique home~ miss you tons~ Sharon @C'estChouette